Fluid Power Society Certification
Download our Hydraulics Training Brochure
Certified Fluid Power Specialist (CFPS) Certification
This three-day review session is designed for the person who has a good working knowledge of fluid power, and wishes to become certified by the Fluid Power Society. These classes cover the topics contained on the Fluid Power Society Certification examinations. Several preparatory practice tests are given to sharpen the candidates test-taking skills and alleviate some of the “written test fears”. These classes should be in addition to, not in place of, prior fluid power training. An FPS Accredited Instructor teaches all certification sessions.
Fluid Power Society Certifications Available:
- Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic *
- Industrial Hydraulic Technician *
- Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic *
- Mobile Hydraulic Technician *
- Pneumatic Mechanic *
- Pneumatic Technician *
- Hydraulic Specialist
- Pneumatic Specialist
* Indicates job performance (hands-on) testing is also required. Once the job performance test has been passed, it does not need to be retaken for further certifications. This three-hour test is administered the morning of day three and written test is administered the afternoon of day three.
A separate registration and administration fee is required by the Fluid Power Society. This fee also covers the cost of the study guide for the Certification exams. It is recommended that the candidate have the study guide in hand one month prior to the review session date and have studied the materials prior to attending class.
For more information on certifications, visit the Fluid Power Society web site at www.ifps.org or call them at (800) 303-8520.