Yates MH Hydraulic Mill-type Cylinders and MP Pneumatic Mill-type Cylinders
About Yates MH and MP Mill-type Cylinders
- Steel head and cap - precise alignment between piston, tube, piston rod and rod bearing.
- The cylinder barrel is constructed of heavy steel tubing honed to a fine finish for minimal friction and a positive seal.
- Bronze high-strength rod cartridge supports the bearing and provides durability. The gland can be removed without disassembling the cylinder.
- The one-piece piston machined from iron is extremely strong and protects against shock loads.
- The case-hardened, chrome-plated piston rod is machined from 50,000 to 100,000 PSI minimum yield material (depending on diameter).
- Steel body flanges are threaded to the O.D. of the barrel. On trunnion mount cylinders, both flanges and trunnions are welded to the tube.
- The head cushion sleeve and rear cushion spear offer gradual deceleration thereby reducing shock at end of the cylinder stroke.
- Safe and precise cushion adjustment under pressure.
- Tube end seal o-rings (high durometer material) and backup seals promise leak-free service.
- Standard SAE O-ring ports can be rotated 90°, 180°, and 270°. NPTF ports are also available.
- Urethane rod seal is durabile and seals well, avoiding leaks.
- Standard piston seals with outboard wear bands offer low friction and handle high loads.
- A double-lipped rod wiper acts as a secondary seal, preventing the introduction of contaminants.
Yates MH and MP Mill-type Cylinder Mounting Options
Yates offers many different mounting options for the MH and MP range of mill-type cylinders. All mounts are NFPA interchangeable.
- Pivot Mounts
- Cap Fixed Clevis Mount
- Cap Fixed Eye Mount
- Spherical Bearing Mount
- Flange and Trunnion Mounts
- Head Rectangular Internal Flange
- Cap Rectangular Internal Flange
- Intermediate Fixed Trunnion Mount
- Rod End Options
- Female Clevis
- Rod Couplers
- Clevis Bracket
Ordering Options for Mill-type Cylinders
- Air service
- Low pressure hydraulic
- High pressure hydraulic
- Max rated pressure
- Bore diameter
- Stroke length
- Rod diameter
- Mounting style
- Rod end style: male, female, other
- Specify thread diameter, pitch and length (i.e. 1 1/4" - 14 male x 1 5/8" long)
- Cushion on rod end
- Cushion on cap end
- Location of adjustments
- Type of port: NPTF, SAE, 4 bolt flange, other
- Port size rod end
- Port size cap end
- Location of ports
- Operating fluid used
- Operating temperature
- Special features required